Wednesday 9 January 2013

2012 Round Up

A very late Happy New Year! Here are a few things I got up to last year, hopefully 2013 will hold even more lovely surprises. 

January

January was a busy month with a placement at Fox Linton Textile showroom, where I had a great time burying myself in beautiful textiles for two weeks. Followed by a trip to  Maison & Objet in Paris where I found lots of inspiration mainly through drinking lovely coffee in beautiful cafes and browsing wonderful shops.

http://merceandthemuse.com/



February

In February I was lucky enough to exhibit at the Indigo Tradeshow also in Paris where I sold one of my silk birds to a mysterious lady from New York.



March

In March I won a competition to do a placement at Tigerprint Studios, It was so much fun getting to know the team and spending time in such an inspirational studio, the 6.00 am starts took a bit of getting used to though!


April

My Secret 7" was exhibited in London and I completed a placement with the lovely Bombay Duck design studio, I also took part in a Ship Shape Studio design forum which was full of tips for Illustrators and freelance designers.

May

In May I got back to Uni and cracked on with finishing my final project of second year, basically tons of lino cutting!


June

In June I went to the beautiful wedding of Tom and Rosie (invites by me!) and then I jumped on a plane to Bangkok to see the world!



July and August

I was busy soaking up the culture somewhere in the back end of South East Asia, finding lots of wonderful adventures and getting a very slight tan.





Setember

I flew home in September and moved back to Leeds to get cracking on my last ever year at Uni, managed to get in a few cocktails before the hard graft properly began.


Cocktail Picture by Seth

October

October- worked at the Textile Society Antique Textile Fair  and took part in the Tigerprint 'Hub' week designing a new Christmas range.

November


In November I took part in the 'Worthless Priceless' Exhibition at Leeds College of Art and polished off my 'Treasure From far Away Lands' project.




December

In December I was keeping my fingers out of the Quality Street tin by packing up my tea towels for Christmas deliveries and powering through the dreaded dissertation.





No comments:

Post a Comment